It is a well-known fact that for the business model that Managed Service Providers follow, it is of prime importance that devices are monitored remotely for managing their business efficiently. So now the question is how this is done. Precisely there are 2 options of getting this done ensuring that the quality of the remote monitoring is of high standards:
- In-house: Some companies believe in focussing on their in house talent and hence, prefer getting the remote monitoring and management in-house. This helps them to build their talent pool and be self-dependent for running their business smoothly.
- Outsource: Few of the companies who want to put their efforts in their core business processes and not on the technical issues, opt for hiring a white-label service desk or Managed Service Provider. This helps them to reduce their operational cost and increase revenues.
In the changing technology, all companies want to focus on their business and forget about the non-core functions. This has led to the emerging need of MSPs by companies in order to hand over their networks to the vendors who have years of hand on experience in managing the networks efficiently. All the Managed service Providers need to be in the leading edge on the Remote Monitoring and Management world. An efficient MSP has their remote monitoring and management platform up to date with technological changes. This in turn leads to the continuous monitoring the stability and security of the company’s IT network system. This adds on to the productivity of the company as it encounters maximum network uptime, increase efficiency and focus on their core business functions.
With the Remote Monitoring and Management, companies enjoy the below benefits:
- It is evident that if companies spend less time worrying about their IT concerns, they can utilize their time in nurturing their customers and growing their business exponentially.
- The regular maintenance and support services can be performed stealthily without any hindrance to the workflow.
- When the reports are being generated fully customized as per the client’s requirements, it gives the company complete visibility into their network health and IT assets. This allows the companies to timely budget their IT expenses.
- If company comes across any unexpected expense for maintaining their IT networks, it is a huge loss as in addition to bearing these expenses when their systems go down, they lose a major chunk in their business as well. Hence, Managed Services are a saviour in such case as it ensures the operational flow of their IT Network and assets at a pre-established monthly fee with their vendor who very efficiently manages and maintains their network remotely leading to no or minimal downtime.
- MSPs regularly handle all the recurring maintenance tasks ensuring that all the devices up to date and maintained at all times.
- MSPs know for the fact that time is money and so all the system maintenance task is being performed during off-peak hours. This makes sure that there is no or minimum disruptions to their network.
- The companies need not worry if their system goes down at an odd hour of the night as Managed Service Providers are continuously monitoring their networks 24 X 7. And the resources that are being aligned not only know how to detect an issue, but they are also well trained to react to the problems and take necessary actions whenever they occur.
When one can rely on Network Monitoring Services of a MSP:
- One of the major challenges is in handling Alert Validation and Escalation. In operations, one of the major reasons of frustration is with the unwanted noise from alerts. A major part of the alerts that are being generated from devices or monitoring tools are generally non actionable. Majority of the companies face the issue of distinguishing that which alerts one should read and which alerts they should trash. To deal with such issues, an efficient vendor generally has a run-book that is a compilation of the instruction set defining the steps to be taken in case a problem arises before contacting the vendors for their attention.
- An efficient MSP tends to have a set schedule in order to review the new releases and for executing a testing for them, before those releases are actually installed in the physical systems of the company. Also, this has to be aligned to the requirements of the client, so that they are fully satisfied with the services of MSP.
- When we talk about customer satisfaction, MSPs like us are focussed in notifying our customers of the successful completion of backups and all the relevant updates that they need from time to time.
- Any remote tech support vendor has their own set of tools for opening the tickets and monitoring their progress. And for customers, being familiar with their own system and on top of it learning the vendor’s tools is a cumbersome task. So, MSPs like us make this task of learning easier for our clients by integrating our ticketing system with the company’s tool. This adds to the productivity and is very time efficient.
- MSPs understand this that companies look for better visibility of the ongoing tasks. Hence, a good MSP will have a single window shared with all in order to have a transparent view of all the reports like weekly/monthly/quarterly and this helps in identifying all the potential problem areas with the course of action to be taken.
- And besides these standard services, an efficient remote vendor will offer services like troubleshooting, root cause analysis and maintenance of vendor coordination.
Flightcase is a network monitoring service provider and a well – received managed service provider. We support clientele varying from supporting network operations of niche telecom companies to managing /reporting Accounting / Data analysis tasks for companies based out of US, UK and Middle East. We ably manage daily operations as well as provide the right interface for entrepreneurs, carriers and corporate companies from the different service domains.